Following the fourth beta of the MacOS Mojave beta, Apple introduced the fourth beta version of iOS 12. Traditionally, the update will initially only be available to users with developer accounts, but will later be distributed to participants in the public testing program.
IOS 12 innovations
Despite the absence of an official list of innovations, it is known that the fourth beta version of iOS 12 includes 70 new emoji using the updated Unicode code 11.0. They include a wide range of hairstyles, shades of colors, as well as facial expressions for emoticons.
Previously, the pre-build iOS 12 got a built-in activity controller, allowing users to monitor their actions with devices, as well as monitor their children with it. The effectiveness of this innovation was told before.
tvOS 12 and watchOS 5
In addition to iOS 12, the fourth beta versions of tvOS 12 and watchOS 5 are available for download. The updates increase the performance of compatible devices and also add an extended set of functions to their work.
Apple released the third beta version of iOS 12 for all
Today, July 18, Apple introduced the public third beta version of iOS 12. The update is available for download to owners of all compatible devices that have registered as participants in the preliminary testing program on the company’s official website.
What’s new in iOS 12
Probably, iOS 12 beta 3 for public testing does not differ from the version for developers and includes the same innovations:
- Clear all notifications from the lock screen now with a new gesture.
- Small visual changes in the application “FaceTime”.
- The voice memo interface for the iPad has been updated.
- Apple Maps now include new detailed maps, while only in the US.
- Added new stickers in the “Activity” section.
- The “Energy Saving” mode is now displayed in the statistics.
- The application “Measure” was slightly changed.
- Now you can share your photos or videos with a “temporary” link.
- In order to improve security, the operating system can request a password when connecting the iOS device to a computer or USB accessories.
How to install iOS 12 beta
To participate in the pre-test program, you need to go by this link, logged in with your Apple ID account, register the desired device. All you have to do is download the beta profile and install the update.